It is the raw material for the manufacture of quicklime (calcium oxide), slaked lime (calcium hydroxide), cement and mortar.
- Pulverized limestone is used as a soil conditioner to neutralize acidic soils.
- It is crushed for use as aggregate—the solid base for many roads as well as in asphalt concrete.
- Geological formations of limestone are among the best petroleum reservoirs;As a reagent in flue-gas desulfurization, it reacts with sulfur dioxide for air pollution control.
- Glass making, in some circumstances, uses limestone.
- It is added to toothpaste, paper, plastics, paint, tiles, and other materials as both white pigment and a cheap filler.
- It can suppress methane explosions in underground coal mines.
- Purified, it is added to bread and cereals as a source of calcium.
- Calcium levels in livestock feed are supplemented with it, such as for poultry (when ground up).
- It can be used for remineralizing and increasing the alkalinity of purified water to prevent pipe corrosion and to restore essential nutrient levels.
- Used in blast furnaces, limestone binds with silica and other impurities to remove them from the iron.
- It is often found in medicines and cosmetics.
- It is used in sculptures because of its suitability for carving
Limestone - Technical Details
Attention: The internal data of table “9” is corrupted!
Limestone Price Details
W.E.F 24.01.2017 to 23.01.2018
(Values in Indian Rupees)
Attention: The internal data of table “10” is corrupted!
Terms and Conditions
1.Payment: 100% advance payment by demand draft RTGS or NEFT drawn in favour of TAMIL NADU MINERALS LIMITED,CHENNAI-600005 payable at chennai along with purchase order. The commission for demand draft has to be borne by the buyer. Cheque/Document through bank will not be accepted.
STATE BANK OF INDIA
PWD COMPLEX BRANCH
A/C NO: 10031641671
IFS CODE: SBIN0006489
Kindly inform your remittance through RTGS immediately to us on E.mail on the same day itself so as to contact our Bankers.
2.Supply: Read stock.Ex-mines.Transport has to be arranged by the buyer.The loading charges @Rs.75/-per m.t. is extra,if loading done by TAMIN.
3.Sales Tax: Extra.At present,the rate of TAX TNVAT/CST IS @5%. If form C furnished along with purchase order,the rate of CST is 2% for supply outside Tamil Nadu.
4.The rates are subject to revision through tender.
Controlling Division: Ariyalur.
Location of Mines: Periyanagalur mines.
For further details contact:
Tamil Nadu Minerals Limited,
No.10,3rd cross street,
Rajaji Nager post,